South Union Christian Church
To assist our church in teaching and practicing Matthew 28:19-20 NIV:
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Mission of the Month
Each month we select a different local mission, charity or ministry to support. We encourage our church attendees to bring in and donate items that are needed. A collection box is located in the foyer at all times to drop off items.
January & Feburary 2018: Monroe County United Ministries
Monroe County United Ministries creates lasting solutions to economic, educational and social injustice in our community through quality services, collaboration and innovation.
- Childcare: Baby dolls, working new or used digital camera, shoe box-sized plastic containers, 15-quart containers
- Food Pantry: Canned tuna, dry beans, canned meat, canned fruit, pudding
- Hygiene & Cleaning: Diapers (sizes 4-6), baby wash, hair conditioner, deodorant, laundry soap, all-purpose spray cleaner, dilutable cleaner, razors, socks, feminine hygiene products, body lotion, canvas grocery bags
Food Pantry Ongoing Needs:
- Canned meats (salmon, tuna, beef stew, chicken & dumplings)
- Fruit juices, coffee, and other beverages
- Baking mixes (cornbread, pancake)
- Canned and dried fruit
- Canned beans (black, kidney, pinto)
- Frozen meat (1-2 pound ground beef, whole chickens)
- Canned vegetables (carrots, greens, potatoes)
Childcare Program Ongoing Needs:
- Arts and crafts supplies: Glue sticks, liquid glue, paper (construction, tissue, colored, long rolls), Crayola crayons and washable markers, non-toxic dry erase markers.
- Classroom items appropriate for ages 2-6: Dress-up clothes, puzzles, books, toys, musical instruments, items to view on a light table (slides, x-rays, etc.)
- Operational Supplies: Toothbrushes (child-sized with thin handles, batteries (AAA and AA)
- Cleaning Supplies: Laundry soap, general household cleaners, sponges & scrubbies, bleach, mops, trash bags
- Hygiene Products: Bar & liquid soap, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, shampoo, toothpaste & toothbrushes, denture cleaning supplies, lotion
- For Babies: Diapers & wipes, shampoo, other baby supplies
- Clothing: New socks & underwear for children & adults, men & women
We are passionate about giving. God is the ultimate giver, he provides for us and therefor we utilize what he's given us to help care for others.
The following is a list of ministry's/charity's that we financially and prayerfully support.
(L) = local
- Adventures in Missions
- Bloomington Center for Women's Ministries (L)
- Campus Crusades for Christ
- Christian Student Fellowship (L)
- The Hannah Center (L)
- Dana & Chris McCain Team Expansion
- Dave Dryden Crescent Project
- Hilltop Christian Camp (L)
- Jeff Chudy Crusades for Christ
- Olson's Campus Crusade for Christ
- Patrick Tolbert Team Expansion
- Prayer Ministry (L)
- Wheeler Missions (L)
- Youth for Christ (L)
We are proud to support the Zeller family and their ministry, DistinXion.
DistinXion is a non-profit organization founded by Luke Zeller and the Zeller family to provide an integration of elite character and sports training to help build family relationships. DistinXion strives for excellence in both character and sport by hosting summer camps and a number of other services with the mission to positively impact the families of the community. Learn more, check out their basketball, baseball and cheerleading camps, visit: www.distinxion.org
The Missions Ministry participates in several mission opportunities throughout the year. Some to our local community and others across the world. If you'd like to be apart of this ministry, please contact the Ministry Leaders: